Sunday 16 March 2014

Dirty Looks Hair Extensions Review.


A few months back I was contacted by the girls over at Dirty Looks to see if I'd be interested in trying some of their extensions. I already have naturally long hair but it's quite fine in texture and I couldn't say no to potential added volume, so I accepted. I've been trialling them out for a while now, everywhere from a wander around the local town to a night out with friends and I'm now ready to let you know my thoughts on them.

The extensions arrive in a lilac box with the logo printed on it, this makes for a great storage option to keep your extensions safe when you're not using them. Inside you'll find a booklet with details on how to care for them, keep them in good condition and even details on how/where to place your extensions. The actual extensions themselves come in a plastic zip lock bag with two sections, one is full to the brim with the hair you've ordered, the other is a sample piece. This can be taken out, tested to see if it's the right colour and if it doesn't match you can send them back to trade for another colour. This is a great option if you've struggled with choosing a shade, if you are having this issue though you can always email in for help. Send them a photo of your hair in natural light and they'll match you to the closest shade they offer. This shouldn't be too hard of a task as they offer 21 shades, including multi-tonal options for lighter haired girls.
I opted for the shade - Melted Chocolate Brown. This is a warm brown shade with flecks of a slightly lighter golden colour running through it. Personally I love this as it gave my hair more dimension and I had people ask if I'd had low lights put in. I chose the longest length available 24 - 26" in the full set, this contains 10 wefts - 180g's of hair. One of those wefts is a quad piece, along with a mix of 3, 2 and 1 pieces. I love the variety, it means you can choose where you want the volume and whether you want full on glam or a subtle effect. I was completely blown away by the quality of the hair. It's thick, incredibly soft and 100% human hair which means you can style and wash it as you please. I've curled these, straightened them - even used my rollers and they're still as soft as the day I got them. Although the extensions are incredibly thick, they don't weigh down the hair. If you're new to extensions you do have to wear them a few times to get used to the feeling of having them in, but they're by no means uncomfortable. I was a little wary that the clips might peak through so I had my friends on hair watch but they stay completely nestled out of sight. I tend to keep the full set for nights out when I really want oomph and volume and then use a few smaller pieces in the back and sides for everyday wear.
The full set, 24-26" that I received are £124.99 at the moment instead of the original price £142.99. Considering the quality and the amount of hair you receive, I think they're well worth the price if you're a regular wearer of hair extensions. Keep in mind that the shorter your hair, the less a full set would cost. If you just wanted a little extra volume, you could always opt for a quad weft piece instead.

You can find the full range of extensions, styling products and hair tools over on their website - dirtylooks.com and they ship internationally.

0 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..