Sunday 27 October 2013

Zoeva Brushes.

I'm a sucker for anything beauty related and my most recent obsession is make up brushes. A quality brush can change how your eyeshadow is blended, offer an airbrushed finish to your foundation and precisely place products to get your desired effect. I'd recently heard of a brand, new to me, called Zoeva, a German based brush and cosmetic line that offer quality products for an affordable price. You wont be able to find their products in your local stores but their website offers international shipping and some of their line is available on LoveMakeUp. This is where I decided to get a few brushes from as I'd used LoveMakeUp in the past and knew their delivery was quick and items come well packaged. I initally placed an order for just four brushes to see what the quality was like and I was so impressed I placed another order a few days later.
These brushes are incredibly soft, well made and I haven't had any problems with shedding hairs or bleeding dye when they've been washed. I feel like the brushes I picked were ideal for me as I had specific reasons as to why I 'needed' each brush. The powder brush I've been using for powder, obviously and an all over bronzer brush. The face definer is a beauty for getting a precise but blended contour with powder products while the face shape is the perfect size for cream bronzers for a Kim K sculpting effect. The concealer buffer works well for buffing in concealer, as the name would suggest but also for laying down cream eyeshadows. The smoky shader works amazingly for placing eyeshadow and laying down base colours, or precise placement. The eye blender is brilliant for blending stubborn shadows or for underneath the eyes if you're going smokey. Finally, the soft definer that's brilliant for general blending and working a transition colour along the crease.
All of the brushes I ordered are amazing quality and well priced, considering I'd debated purchasing their high end Sigma and Mac dupes which are far more expensive. They're dense and hold their shape well, look sleek and when combined with my Real Techniques brushes offer me the perfect selection of brushes to cover every need. I'll definitely be browsing their official website as it has more variety, although shipping will set you back £7.50.
 
Brush Update: I've been using these for four months now and am still as in love as when I first got my hands on them. I've had no issues at all with shedding, they hold their shape after washing and perform brilliantly. I am SO impressed with the quality that I would recommend these over Mac any day of the week. They're not over priced, yet offer the luxury of a high end product. OBSESSED.
 
If you fancy having a browse for yourself:
Zoeva Official Website
LoveMakeUp

From LE to RI:
Smoky Shader - £5
 Eye Blender - £5
 Soft Definer - £5
Concealer Buffer - £6.50
 Face Shape - £7.50
 Face Definer - £15
Powder - £9

25 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. I really want to try them! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're absolutely brilliant, they're probably some of the best brushes I've ever tried and well priced too! x

      Delete
  2. These brushes look so nice! I must get some, I love that they are really affordable!

    www.makingmeblushblog.wordpress.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Great quality as well considering the price and their official website has such a nice selection of products! x

      Delete
  3. I really want to try these brushes. They look like really good quality that I better snap them up now while the prices remain low because what will happen is they will get really popular and then the prices will begin to creep up just like Mac

    Great post

    styyleeyourlife.blogspot.co.ukk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hopefully not. I hate the random price rises! These brushes are really lovely and come in sets as well :) x

      Delete
  4. ahh the face definer looks awesome x

    www.oliviaroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. have been lusting after these for years now but never got round to trying them..might have to place a cheeky order soon ha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check them out, they're incredibly soft. Far better quality than most brushes I've tried in the past x

      Delete
  6. I've been eyeing up Zoeva brushes for a while now! I've asked Tom to get me a couple for xmas !

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently some Zoeva brushes and they really are worth it, emailed love make up yesterday as im ready to try some more! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they add a bigger selection of the Zoeva products to their website as their shipping costs are lower! x

      Delete
  8. I've been eyeing these up for a while now, I can't justify picking up anymore MAC ones and these seem perfect. I'll more than likely be buying their eye set soon!

    www.crazylins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine their eye set would be lovely, I adore their smoky shader and soft definer brushes especially, very soft and work brilliantly! x

      Delete
  9. One of these looks incredibly similar to Mac's 217, but a fraction of the price!

    AmeliaRose | Beauty Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thought exactly ;) and having owned both I'd re-purchase the Zoeva version! x

      Delete
  10. These brushes look great! Brushes seriously make such a difference in makeup application, it's unreal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly believe that now too, whenever I resort back to trying to apply my make up with my fingers it looks awful. A good brush will work wonders! x

      Delete
  11. You've basically got everything covered with those brushes you chose! Love the look of the concealer buffer. I'm very tempted to make an order but I'm resisting (for now...) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. in Spain we're lucky as there's a makeup website called maquillalia.com that sells these for the same price as Zoeva, and they offer free shipping when you spend more than 50 euros (which us beauty addicts understand it's not hard haha) I think I'm going to order a few single brushes and the luxe complete set, it's just stunning!!! I think shipping to the UK from this website is free when you spend more than 100 euros... which is 80 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. THANK YOU! I love these brushes <3 deffs going to get my hands onnnn

    ReplyDelete
  14. could you please recommend their brushes you would most recommend? like eye wise I have so many brushes but hardly any eye ones so I need a super good one xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. dude I can even buy anything off the website its all in german haha

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..