Tuesday 16 April 2013

American Beauty

A few weeks ago I sent a parcel off to the lovely Sarah from Modern Damsel which had a mixture of beauty bits and sweet treats in and in return she sent me some American goodies. The reason behind our 'swap' / gift exchange was down to a Nars Eyeshadow Duo in 'Kuala Lumpur' that I'd brought but never used. Sarah had mentioned she had it on her wishlist and when I said she could have it she offered to get me something in return and it turned out neither of us could resist adding a few extra goodies in so I was ecstatic when a parcel turned up for me from America!
Inside was the Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer in 'Medium', the Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara and the Labello Fruity Shine Lip Balm, all products I've never come across in the U.K.
I've yet to try the mascara but I love the Kat Von D concealer and the Labello tinted lip balm already so if you want to see a review on any of the products, let me know!
If you haven't come across Sarah's blog already go have a little look http://newmoderndamsel.blogspot.co.uk/ or send her a friendly tweet as she's such a genuinely nice girl!
 
What products are you currently lusting after that you can't get your hands on?
On my list is the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation, Maybelline Baby Lips and Sonia Kashek's concealer palette.

10 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. Great post...I always crave the UK products when I see reviews...What are your thoughts on the Kat Van D conealer?

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cross country swaps are always so much fun! Somehow for me the harder it is to get, the more I can't seem to get it off my mind. I'm always eyeing all kind of UK product for example and I'd die in beauty heaven if I even visited say a Boots or something, lol. On that note, I actually just posted about some Cathy Kidston products that I stumbled upon in a discount shop in Canada. Never had I thought in a million years would I just run into them on a random trip but it's so exciting when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love swap posts and this one is no exception!

    xxx
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try some Kat Von D products!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love doing swaps! They're so fun, since it's nice to try products from other areas!

    xo, aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish the Kat Von D range would launch in the UK. Or better still, if Sephora would ship to the UK!
    Annie.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try the kat von d range!

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah has definitely picked some good bits for you - lucky girlie! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in the US and I've never heard of the Labello fruity shine. The packaging looks similar to Nivea, I've been looking for a strawberry one with similar packaging for ages and can't seem to find any.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..