Tuesday 23 October 2012

Clarins Odyssey Eye Quartet Palette - Limited Edition

 
"A collection of four harmonious, long-wearing eye colours with a silky-smooth, mineral texture. Multiple effects, apply dry for natural results or damp for a more sophisticated effect."
 
*Clarins Odyssey Eye Quartet Palette, Limited Edition, £30
 
How beautiful is this product?
 This is the eyeshadow palette from Clarins Limited Edition Christmas Collection, it comes in a classic red Clarins box and inside you'll find a beautiful golden, embellished palette in a luxurious red velvet pouch to prevent scratches and a little card with ideas on how to use it. Open it up and you have four beautiful shades to play with - all contain shimmer. There's a subtle creamy taupe, a mid tone ashy brown, a deep charcoal brown and then the beautiful gold leaf shadow that steals the show. I haven't ever used a gold eyeshadow like this, it's shimmery, a true gold colour and contains chunky flakes of gold leaf. You all need to go out and swatch it! The palette also has a decent sized mirror and comes with two small, gold applicators - one is a standard applicator and the other is pointed for more precise application.
All four eyeshadows are creamy, well pigmented, long lasting, blend easily and are just a delight to use! You're able to use these either dry, or wet for a more intense look and I find these four shades really versatile. If I want a natural look I'll use all but the golden shade and then if I want a more intense look then I'll add in more of the darker brown and the gold leaf.
 
I am so in love with this!
Not only is it beautifully packaged but the product itself is great quality and it's a welcomed addition to my make-up collection. This palette will set you back £30, which in all honesty I would happily pay for such a stunning product. I have the Odyssey Face Palette on my Christmas Wishlist after seeing featured it on Belles Boutique! 
You can find Clarins products in Debenhams or on http://www.clarins.co.uk/
 
Thoughts? 

44 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. lovely swatches! am most intrigued by the glittery shade <3

    wonderful eye mu look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG,..sooo beautiful!!!! So many nice looks you can do with that!

    jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. God, I want this palette so much! It looks lovely on you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! So pretty - this is definitely on my Christmas list! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it :) I'm so in love with it! x

      Delete
  5. Wow the gold leaf shadow looks stunning !!!! iv never seen something like that before :)

    Beautiful Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either, it's stunning - definitely pulls the palette together :) x

      Delete
  6. Why did you do this to me?! I think I am going to buy! Will be my first Clarins makeup product even though I have their skincare.

    sarahyellowsunflower.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S the photos are such good quality! Can I get some tips for my blog off you? Twitter- @SarahWhelehan ?

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never saw a shadow before like the gold leaf one! Wow, so gorgeous!

    XO, Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful :) my favourite of the bunch! x

      Delete
  9. such a pretty palette ! that gold is beautiful ! xx
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gold is definitely the winner for me, amazing! x

      Delete
  10. Please do a full-face post with your new, fuller brows! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful palette!!

    thebeautymist.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I love and neeeed this palette! So pretty!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you get it, hope you like it as much as I do! x

      Delete
  13. So beautiful, I love the taupey shade and the gold leaf one!

    thebeautymist.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning palette, all the colours are right up my alley and that gold is really something special. Love the look you did with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, how kind. the golden shade is the winner for me! x

      Delete
  15. Oh my god this might be the most stunning product I've ever seen! x





    nataliaxbarbara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous palette, I swatched it over the weekend :-) I am having a hard time deciding whether to go for this or the Estee Lauder Violet Underground palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh tough decision, which one did you go for in the end? x

      Delete
  17. i keep seeing this palette everywhere its beautiful , looks lovely on your eyes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think they've been spot on with the shades and packaging - hard not to pay attention to it! x

      Delete
  18. Such pretty packaging. And that gold just looks spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The gold in that looks amazing!! Im in love!! Them colours look so lovely on your eyes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gold is my favourite of the lot, very pretty and can be used wet as well! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  20. This is THE prettiest palette ever! The gold is to die for, bet you can create some 'arabian nights' looks that are always in the mags in summer haha.
    New follower :)

    Sam xx
    knockoutcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I can't wait to create more looks with it! x

      Delete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..