Monday 10 October 2011

Guest Post; MyFace Cosmetics

A few weeks back I was sent some products from MyFace Cosmetics. Unfortunately, when they arrived all were aimed at people with fair skins - which with my fake tan obsession, is not me. Luckily for me, Samantha answered my tweet asking for someone to provide me with a guest review so the products didn't go to waste!
______________________________________
MyFace Cosmetics is a brand I've wanted to try for a while now as I've heard such good things about the products. With all the moving I've done recently and having been unemployed I've not been able to afford much make-up so was happy to be sent these to review!

MyMix Foundation
£12.99 - Available from Boots or Online
There are nine shades in the range and I received 02 - Fair, which is the second lightest colour. When I first swatched this on my hand I thought it would be far too dark for my skin tone but on application it seemed to blend well and matched my skin quite well, although I probably could of done with the lightest shade. I found this to be a medium coverage foundation, but definitely buildable. When I first applied the product I noticed it looked quite shiny and oily on my already oily skin so I would definitely have to seal it with a powder. Once I've set the foundation it looks very natural and has a semi-matte finish. I did find that by the end of the day I had quite a bit of wear around my mouth and chin but apart from those areas the foundation lasted quite well. The only real negative I found about the product was how leaky the packaging is, I'd definitely not recommend anyone to chuck this in their bag for touch ups!

MyCover Concealer
£7.99 available from Boots or Online
Concealer is an item that usually gets pushed to the back of my make-up drawer as I usually find foundation covers everything I need it to. There are also 9 shades in this product and again, I have this in 02 - Fair. To me, the concealer didn't really stand out - it wasn't awful but it wasn't amazing. It's a slightly thicker consistency than the foundation but it covers under eye circles and blemishes nicely. If you have some seriously stubborn areas that need a little heavier coverage another layer might be needed. The concealer also had quite a shiny finish so powdering is definitely a necessity! I've not massively pale but I still find 02 - Fair slightly too dark for my skin tone.

MyMatch Powder
£10.49 from Boots or Online
I've mentioned on my blog before that I only use one type of face powder and that's from Natural Collection so trying a new brand was interesting. There are three shades and I have 'Fair'. I found this to be far lighter than the other products I received in the fair range which works well to tone down darker foundations. The powder comes with a little sponge applicator which I actually liked as I found it helped control my shine better than a brush did. The finish is semi-matte and it definitely doesn't make your skin cakey. It also helped my foundation stay on longer when I applied this on top and I didn't have as much wear by the end of the day.
Here's the finished result; I have on the MyMix Foundation, MyCover Concealer and MyMatch Powder.

4 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. Great review! I love the sound of the foundation, I've been curious about it for a while now. Your skin looks amazing

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great review! this make p looks so nice! <3

    www.sammy-city.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post <3
    Is there a link to samantha's blog ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow she looks amazing! fab review, will defo try this out :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..