Thursday 24 February 2011

He-Shi Self Tanning Products

From the moment I discovered self tanners I knew there was no turning back. I have extremely pale skin with freckles that burns incredibly easily meaning I can never achieve a natural tan and could rarely find foundations that were white enough to match with my skintone. I love that with a swipe of a tanning mit I can wake up in the morning, transformed into a Golden Goddess (so to speak) so I have tried a decent amount of self tanners on the market.

After spotting He-Shi on Good Morning with Louie Spence I knew I had to try it and when I got the chance, I snapped it up. I was sent the Exfoliating Body Wash, the Souffle Moisturiser and the Express Liquid Tan along with the self tanning mitt for review as shown below!




Exfoliating Body Wash
Price: £12.00 for 150ml

I love the packaging of the body wash and the moisturiser, they come in large squeezy tubes with a simplistic design that allows you to easily dispense the amount of product you need. The scrub is packed with little beads that gently exfoliate the skin, instead of using this as the first step in my tanning routine I've been loving this for mid-week exfoliation to keep my tan in tip-top shape!




Souffle Moisturiser
Price: £12.50 for 150ml


I really loved this moisturiser! The fragrance of both the Exfoliating Body Wash and the Souffle Moisturiser is a light, fresh strawberry scent that stays on your skin masking any tell tale fake tan smells. The moisturiser feels really rich and luxurious, almost reminding me of a body butter but with a thinner consistency, the product melted in to the skin leaving it soft and nourished!




Express Liquid Tan
Price: £21.00 for 150ml


Strangely enough the 'liquid' part in the name didn't lead me to expect the self tanner to actually be liquid. I've always used tanning mousses, lotions or sprays so of course the first time I came round to using it, I flipped the bottle over, squeezed and a burst of liquid landed on the tanning mitt.. and my parents cream carpet. Whoopsy! Apart from that little mishap application is incredibly easy, all you need is a small amount of product on your mitt then to buff into the skin. Because the product isn't a thick lotion or mousse it dries incredibly quickly and within a minute or two I was ready to hop into bed without the horrible sticky feeling I usually have to put up with! In the morning I couldn't smell any of the 'biscuit scent' that usually comes hand in hand with self taners and most people hate.
The tan deepens and darkens overnight to a rich colour, I did find it had an ever so slight orange tinge to it but that could be due to the fact I got a bit tan happy when applying or that I have no base tan whatsoever! I could see this working incredibly well on anyone that already has a slight tan already, or for paler skintones just apply a sensible amount.




Tanning Mitt
Price: £4.50


This tanning mitt is far better than my last! I had previously been using a huge, fabric mitt than needed a pair of gloves underneath where as the He-Shi mitt is smaller, lightweight and has a foam side with a plastic cover inside to withstand orange hands! No need for gloves!

Before


After



Have you girls ever tried out He-Shi products?

7 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. Never really used self tanning products myself, but the result looks good on you!

    I love your tattoo by the way! <3

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great to see, as I too have the Liquid Express tan and used it a couple days ago and it was so easy and effective to use! I will be loving this from now on! I also have the exfoliator mitt and another wash off quick tan to try. I love the before and after pics the colour looks really nice on x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I've heard a lot about this brand and it's all been positive but I hadn't seen a before and after of it. I'll definitely be picking this up soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my!
    Your such a nice colour in the last pic!
    Jealous.
    Must try this!
    Thanks for the post.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I have never tried any self tan products because I am so scared of a screwup but this actually looks really easy and really nice. Your tan looks great. I am going to look into the company.
    Thanks for the detailed review.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Chuui - Thank You :) x

    @Sherrie - It is incredibly easy to put on I was so used to thick lotions, I think liquids may be the way forward! x

    @Vicky - Glad you liked the review :) x

    @Harrriiiet - Your welcome :) Glad you liked it! x

    @FunnyFaceBeauty - You should definately try some products out, with a mitt it's hard to go wrong! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really like this article please keep it up. sunless tanning

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..