Monday 3 January 2011

Collection 2000 Big Fake False Lash Effect Mascara




Most of you have probably seen the Big False Lash Effect Mascara being featured on the PixiWoo's Youtube Channel. This is the main reason I picked it up, along with the fact it's only £4.99 and I've seen a ridiculous amount of rave reviews on this mascara!

First off, the wand is huge, I'm talking Benefit Bad Gal mascara wand huge which I really like. The packaging isn't too terrible, a bit cheap looking but it's something most people would overlook if the product is good. However this isn't.

I may of just been unlucky and picked up an old one because when I opened it up the wand had hardly any product on it. I tried to twist the brush round the inside of the tube to get something out it was just completely dried up and clumped onto the walls. Even though I was already dubious about the product I decided to give it a go and tried applying it anyway!
The result? Lightly coated lashes, it seperated them well when I applied it carefully however it didn't give me any length and hardly any volume which are the two things I look for in a good mascara.

I decided to apply another coat because there was barely anything on my lashes and just ended up with short, clumped eyelashes. I left it on though because I was in a last minute rush to get to work and by the end of the day it was flakes galore, the mascara literally chipped off my lashes and resulted in a crispy horrible mess.

If you're looking for a cheap natural looking mascara that seperates your lashes then it's worth trying, I may of just picked up an old one!




One carefully applied coat of mascara later..



8 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. I do love the look of this mascara brush but I also found it didn't coat my lashes like I thought it would. I have to say that the collection 2000 extreme coloured lengthening mascara in black has my seal of approval I really liked it, I did a post on it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @The Beautiful Blog - I'll go have a little search on your blog for it I'm in need of a good mascara :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I was going to do the same review last night but i got distracted! I find it the same and you have to really build up the mascara for nice lashes! <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I've heard such fantastic reviews about this mascara so it's interesting to see how disappointing it's been for you guys!
    I prefer the brush to be much fuller with a lot more bristles. I've been a keen user of Maybelline's "Collosal Express" for two years and find that it's the only mascara out there which actually works! I was going to buy this yesterday but I'm glad I didn't!
    Happy New Year to you all!

    Katie x

    www.blueberriesnstrawberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found something similar. I actually quite like the fact it's a little more 'natural' looking than I was expecting it to be though so I wear it for work now! The brush is a bit of a bugger if you want to do your mascara in a hurry though because it's so bloody big! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i had the same problem, thought it had dried out too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive wanted to try this for awhile because the pixiwoo girls seem to love it. I will be interested to see if I get a good one or a bad one. Sorry yours didn't work as well.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the review, its always worth knowing good and bad mascara's.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..