Wednesday 12 February 2014

Illamasqua Sculpting Powder Duo.


I spotted this product on Instagram and was instantly drawn to it. I love bronzer, I love higlighter so why not pair the two together in a sleek compact?
Illamasquas Sculpting Powder Duo contains 'Heliopolis', a matte bronzer, ideal for contouring and 'Lumos' a beaaautiful highlight. I love the idea of having both of these products together but the issue that arises is that both products need to be pretty amazing and usable together to make it worthwhile. My first impressions of this duo were of disappointment. The highlight looked quite shimmery and a little on the peach side which reminded me of the Sleek highlighter in the contouring duo which I hate and the bronzer looked too light to make a difference. Obviously I must of been under some whack lighting as now I think that's such a ridiculous assessment of this product. The bronzer is completely matte, a medium brown with very neutral undertones and the highlight is a champagne/peach with just the right amount of shimmer. I need to stress that the highlight is in no way frosty, it has no glitter (hallelujah!) and the bronzer doesn't look muddy in the slightest. These two products absolutely blew me away when I actually applied it to the skin.
Both powder products are incredibly soft, buttery and blend with such ease. Pigmenation is consistent with what you'd expect from Illamasqua - one touch of the brush is all you need. Individually I love both the bronzer and highlighter, but together it's a match made in Kim Kardashians sculpted face heaven. I'm absolutely in love, smitten, it's nestled itself comfortably in to my February Faves and I imagine it will be a non mover for months to come.
If you want an idea of what it looks like on the skin the lovely Victoria from In The Frow has amazing photographs on her blog.

4 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. I haven't tried Illamasqua products before but there are so many that I'm interested in. They just sound incredible!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been lusting over this for a long time, i think youve convinced me! it sounds and looks amazing. Thanks for the honest review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep looking at this on their website but I think it's about time I buy it now, it's really beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..