Monday 1 April 2013

Rimmel Apocolips Lip Lacquers in 'Nude Eclipse' and 'Big Bang'


Recently the Blogging World has gone nuts for the latest offerings from high street brands. One of those products was the Rimmel Apocolips Lip Lacquers which are available in eight shades and can be found in Superdrug or Boots. At just £5.99 these wont lighten your purse too much which is why I picked up two shades, Nude Eclipse and Big Bang. At total opposite ends of the colour spectrum, Nude Eclipse is a pale nude, with a pink/brown undertone and Big Bang is a vibrant, classic red.
The Apocolips are a new hybrid of lip product that has the pigmentation and longevity of a lipstick with the sheen and ease of application of a lipgloss - best of both worlds? Almost. After application you're left with opaque colour and a glossy finish but after a few hours the effect has worn off to leave a matte finish which can be slightly drying. For me, this isn't an issue as I love matte lips and it means these have the longevity you need for an evening out, or a day at work. I do find that the nude shades have a shorter wear time but this seems to be a common theme with nude lip products!
The packaging is quite sleek and compact - no where near as luxurious as the Loreal Glossy Lip Stains but practical and great for chucking in your handbag for touch ups or after work makeovers. Inside, you'll find a doe foot applicator which can make for hard work with precise lines but you just need a little extra patience when applying brighter shades. The only downside for me is the fragrance which smells quite artificial and almost like plastic.
 These remind me of the Bare Minerals Pretty Amazing lip colours, so if you're looking for something similar in finish and consistency but slightly cheaper - Rimmel is the way forward. Have you tried the Rimmel Apocolips yet?

25 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. I can't believe I still haven't tried these!! I love love love Big Bang

    http://whatwouldaudreywear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I haven't picked any of these up! They look amazing and every review I have read on them have said great things :) xo

    megansbeautyblog22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty good for the price! I'm hoping they add more colours in to their collection though x

      Delete
  3. I bought Big Bang the other day and I love it. Cant wait to pick up some other shades.X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it? Such a classic red! x

      Delete
  4. I bought the whole range, as I was so impressed! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, good work! I was tempted to but managed to restrain myself - definitely want to pick up a pink shade next! x

      Delete
  5. Wow these look amazing ill have to check them out
    http://elledeesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do :) they're a great product for the price! x

      Delete
  6. They look a little too good to be true and I haven't been drawn to basket these yet but no doubt it is a matter of time, haha. I don't like the fact that they are drying and look matte after a few hours.. glossy and shiny lips all the way.

    http://barbiesparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understandable! I suppose you could top them up, or add a gloss after a few hours but then that defeats the purpose of them being long wearing! Perhaps not the ideal product for you then - Loreal Glossy Lip Stain maybe? xx

      Delete
  7. These look so pretty! I hope they come to the US, I've heard so much about them! :)

    XO
    aly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried one for the first time over the weekend wore it to a wedding but found it incredibly drying my lips still haven't recovered :( Not sure I'll be getting any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's disappointing! I constantly wear lip balm and exfoliate my lips so I these are alright for me but they'd probably be too much for someone with dry lips! Perhaps the Loreal or YSL Glossy Lip Stains instead? or the Bare Minerals Amazing Lip Colours! x

      Delete
  9. I do really like these but hate how drying they can be x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a few people have said that, I do love a matte lip though so it's not bothered me yet.. Perhaps lip balm underneath and a gloss on top? x

      Delete
  10. Wow, these look so good! I'm in shock at those swatches, how fab? I love both of those colours.. Fab price too! Rimmel is such a good drug store brand!

    Thank you for sharing, I'll be picking a few of those up now ha ha!
    Lots of love ❤
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you like them! They're really opaque, amazing pigmentation for the price! x

      Delete
  11. I really like these colours specially the dark red looks great x

    http://sparkley-pink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it? Definitely for when you're feeling bold ;) x

      Delete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..