Wednesday 10 October 2012

Clarins Skin Illusion Loose Powder Foundation

*Clarins Skin Illusion Loose Powder Foundation, 109 - Wheat, £28
Available in five shades from Debenhams, Boots, House of Fraser, Clarins.
 
Recently Clarins have launched their Skin Illusions Loose Powder Foundation. As a big fan of Clarins, I was incredibly excited to try this product out especially since I'd been meaning to try a mineral foundation for a while now. I'll start off by sharing with you a little bit of blurb from the packaging..
 
'A loose powder foundation with an ultra-fine, silky texture with highly effective mineral and plant-base ingredients that work in harmony with the skin to illuminate the complexion's appearance. The result; a beautifully radiant, perfectly even, matte complexion and skin that feels incredibly soft and comfortable. Matte Finish, Light to Medium Coverage, All skin types - even the most sensitive. Oil Free.'
 
As you unbox the foundation, the first thing you'll notice is the stunning packaging. The base of the product is thick, hard plastic so there's no fear of breakage if you drop it and the golden lid conceals an adorable, mini kabuki brush - which I'll add is incredibly soft and useful. The powder foundation is finely milled and buffs easily in to the skin, blending well and leaving the skin so, so soft! It does have a slight fragrance, I can't quite put my finger on what the scent is but it reminds me of Parma Violets which I love, added bonus. Although this foundation claims a light to medium coverage, it's buildable without becoming cakey so you can easily work your way towards a medium to full coverage whilst still retaining a natural finish. 
I've added an up close photo of my skin with the foundation applied below, it's covered almost all of my freckles, evened my skin tone, concealed any redness whilst still managing to look naturally radiant, air brushed and light on the skin. One thing I worry about with powder products is my skin feeling tight or looking dry but I had no issues whatsoever. In terms of longevity, I have incredibly oily skin and found this to last a good 6-8 hours (depending on whether I'm at work, or just running errands) before it needed a light touch up.

Have you been tempted by the Clarins Skin Illusion Loose Powder Foundation?

12 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. Great review. I'd be interested in testing it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh...the powder looks so luxurious yet somehow fragile to me, I wanna tuck it in and take care of it...I´m sure my skin wouldn´t mind...love

    jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! This looks amazing, I love Clarins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great review!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. i'm launching a new giveaway to win 30 beauty products tomorrow inc. essie etc. make sure you stop by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a really good product even though it's quite unusual ! xx
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. That packaging looks stunning! It looks like a perfume bottle hehe. Thanks for the review! xx

    ferdies-blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really tempted to order this right now, this is the secon or third review I've seen and it seems to be amazing! Love that the powder formula actually does have some kind of coverage. Love your blog by the way :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never used a mineral foundation before as I was worried it would dry my skin out but this looks so gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review, this looks amazing!

    Love your blog, given you a follow!

    Currently have a MAC MAKEUP giveaway on my blog if you're interested? xx

    http://trappedinafashionparadise.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/50-followers-giveaway-mac-lipstick-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this also, it is amazing:)

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..