Sunday 12 August 2012

Collection 2000 Cream Puff's

 
 Price: £2.99
Available from: Boots, Superdrug
Comes in four shades.
 
I know a lot of people don't bother with products from Collection 2000 because they're so cheap and people associate low prices with bad quality but, I've found some real gems in their Cosmetics range! These 'Cream Puff's' are similar to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, except cheaper and sadly, with fewer shade options. They come packaged in tubes, similar to lipgloss with a doe foot applicator, sleek black lids and embossed writing that's yet to rub off (yay!). As you can see from the tubes, these claim to be 'moisturising lip creams' which I'd half agree with. I find these set to a matte finish that doesn't dry the lips out but if I wear this all day then my lips do look slightly dehydrated. 
Application is incredibly quick and easy as you don't have to take too much care and they're pretty long wearing. I picked up the shades Powder Puff (a light, peachy nude) and Cotton Candy (a deep, vivid pink) - swatches below! I did find that Cotton Candy was a slightly thicker consistency and extremely pigmented, where as Powder Puff has a slightly thinner consistency. I prefer to wear Powder Puff over the top of a glossy nude lipstick to provide a matte finish and extend the wear.
If there were more colours I'd definitely pick up a few more of these but for now, these two are the only shades that appeal to me! At just £2.99 these are a bargain and wont give you any shoppers guilt afterwards!
   
 

17 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. I have one of these and i do like it but i find that after a while, it comes off and you get that horrid cracked, colour only round the edges of your lips look.
    smell nice though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, not good! Strangely enough that hasn't happened to me yet my lips just look a bit dry after the 5/6 hour mark! x

      Delete
  2. i keep going to get these but never actually pick any up, they look really good and for the price you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the cream puffs, forgot about mine! love the lighter of these shades! although like Lea said when they start to wear off it looks horrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, have you tried touching up half way through the day? x

      Delete
  4. I have one of these, gives a great colour but dries out my lips! Really love the pink one you've got!

    http://eabhaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink one is lovely, I find that less drying that the nude shade as well! x

      Delete
  5. These look lovely. Cotton Candy is such a beautiful shade. And for only 2.99, not bad!
    I wish i could try them but they don't sell collection 2000 where i live :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these. I really wish they'd come out with loads more shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got the pink one and I love it, it smells SO good and the colours are awesome.
    - Keyta x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen so much about these that I want to try them myself now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got two of these in a swap from the UK and now after reading your review I'm super excited to try these out!

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..