Tuesday 27 March 2012

Nars 'Valparaiso' Matte Lipstick

As the name would suggest this lipstick is completely matte, something which is an essential for me with red lipstick. I'm not a massive fan of gloss, shimmer - definitely not frost in lipsticks, I think matte is classic and statement enough without being over the top. I also find that matte lipsticks, even though they still transfer they do so less than other finishes. I have a few matte red favourites already that include Elf's 'Red Carpet' Lip Stain and NYX 'Eros' but both are quite bright so I wanted something slightly darker and 'vampy'.
I'd not tried anything from Nars before but heard great things so I decided to order 'Valparaiso' which was pretty pricey at £18.50 for 2g's of product when you think Mac lipsticks are £13.50 for 3g's. It's a deep, burgundy red that looks slightly darker in person than it does in photographs, I'd say the swatch on my hand below is true to colour in real life. It wears nicely on the lips, fading ever so slightly throughout the day but you may want to pop on a lip balm before applying this, as well as making sure your lips are exfoliated!
Overall, I do really love the colour but for the price I feel like the amount of product you get is pretty stingy, the packaging is nice enough, sleek and compact but not very eye catching so I'd probably stick to Mac lipsticks in the future.

10 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. I absolutely love the colour, but I have got to agree with you on the pricing of the product, its a shame that the NARS lipsticks are even more expensive than MAC.

    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise when I ordered it how small it would be, if I'd of known I probably would of just got a similar shade from Mac! x

      Delete
  2. aaahhh, i love mattes! what a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous on your lips but the price is just tooo much for a lipstick :/ X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, especially since you get such little product - it's tiny! x

      Delete
  4. Such a nice colour ! I love dark lipsticks ! xx

    clayandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..