Wednesday 11 May 2011

Senna Cosmetics

Recently I was offered the chance to try out some products from Senna, a cosmetics brand created by Eugenia Weston an Emmy nominated celebrity make-up artist. After recieving a very generous box full of goodies and trialling them all out here's what I thought..



Advanced Mineral Makeup : 'Bronze & Glow - Light'

I absolutely adore the packagine of this product. Pop the lid up and you had a pressed highlighter in a gorgeous, milky beige shade with slightly pink undertone and shimmer. Twist off the base and you have a little sifter jar full of golden brown bronzer, once again with shimmer. Combined, these two products make the perfect Summer product. Another great thing about this product is that it's oil, fragrance, wax and talc free and also available in Medium and Dark.





Lipstick in 'Tiffany' - Cream.

Described as a 'soft glowing pink'.
This for me, is a your lips but far, far better colour. It's gorgeous pink shade, with a slight coral undertone that feels really creamy and glides on to your lips aswell as being intensely pigmented so you only need a light hand. It's also a really moisturising formula that suprisingly I found lasted well on my lips.






Sheer Matte Face Colour - Dollface

This blush was one of the products that caught my eye as soon as I pulled it out the packaging. As regular followers of my blog will of realised I am very predictable. I like my nude lips, reds, neutral eyes, winged liner, long lashes and.. dolly pink cheeks. This is a completely matte blush that instantly reminded me of Illamasqua's 'Katie' (a favourite of mine) but slightly darker, warmer and more wearable. I sometimes find 'Katie' is a bit too light for anyone with a tan, especially if you get a bit heavy handed. This blends seamlessly into the skin leaving a lovely doll like effect which I adore!





Sheer Sparkling Face Colour - Charmed

This is one of Senna's best selling products, it's a gorgeous shimmery pinky/plum shade, different to any other blushers I have in my collection. I found this to be incredibly pigmented and just a light application with give you gorgeous flushed, glowing cheeks.





Lip Lacquer in 'Love Drop' and 'Blink'

Love Drop is a gorgeous baby pink shade that looks amazing over nudes and pink lipsticks. Both of these glosses aren't sticky or drying, they feel slightly thick when applied but once rubbed in you can barely feel them on your lips. They also last a lot longer than any other lip glosses I own. Blink is an icy champagne shade with gorgeous shimmer.



Linear Lip Liner in 'Shy'

I've never used a lip liner before as I never thought of it as a necessity, but I've started applying it underneath my lipsticks for longevity, or just all over for a lovely subtle peachy/pink lip. The pencil is really soft and glides on, really defining the shape of lips and it's very quick and easy to quickly fill in your lips and rush out the door for a hint of colour.
Shy is a natural peachy shade.




Mineral eyeshadow trio in 'Cocoa Nudes'

I really loved this eyeshadow trio! I always get lured into shimmery, bold colours I never use - partly because I cannot blend to save my life, but also because a nude eye suits my face better.
The milky, cream shade is great to quickly brush over the entire eyelid for a more awake look.
Te taupe for defining the crease or as a brow powder and the chocolate brown as an eyeliner or applied on outer corners for a natural smokey eye.




All three shades are incredibly pigmented, creamy and silky. They glide onto the skin and are just the perfect netural shades.



Final Thoughts..?

I love this brand. I really felt like the products I was sent were exactly what I would of picked for myself and this is by far the most excited I've been about cosmetics in a while so a big thank you to Alison! I liked the packaging, the quality of the products are amazing, superb pigmentation, creamy lipsticks and silky smooth eyeshadows. I really would recommend their products and urge you to have a little browse on their site because they have a huge selection of gorgeous items on there. I'm going to be placing an order of my own in the next few weeks as it's my mums Birthday and she fell in love with the lipstick and eyeshadow trio. So, if anyone thinks my thoughts were influenced by getting sent them for free you can't rest assured I'll be spending my hard earned cash on them too!

3 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. The lipstick looks really pretty, and I really like the look of the matte blush too. I've never heard of Senna, I'll have to take a look at the website! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first product!! XO -Mallory

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this but they look so pretty, I love the glosses and can't believe how pigmented the shadows look!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..